Friday, October 08, 2004

Michael Bay Blows Shit Up...Again.

"DreamWorks' Michael Bay-directed actioner "The Island" will be co-financed by Warner Bros., the studio has confirmed.

Following initial tensions over the pic's script and budget, a start date has been set for Oct. 25, with plans for a summer 2005 release
." Says Variety.

Michael Bay had this to say about The Island; 'It’s a sci-fi thriller, a very hard look at cloning and, no, it has nothing to do with The Island of Dr. Moreau, as has been reported. Steven Spielberg called me up and said, I really want you to read this spec script tonight. If you like it, I’ll buy it for you. And I’d love for you to direct it...

The Island has got a lot of human elements to it. I want audiences to think, would you, if you could, have a clone? I like The Island because it’s a smart movie but also very visual, in creating a world. I love movies where I can create my own world, whether it be 1940s Pearl Harbor, the space world of Armageddon, or the underground of Alcatraz for The Rock'

Ewan McGregor and Scarlett Johansson will star with DreamWorks and Warner Brothers financing the picture.

Sources: CreativeMac Variety

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home